Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Split and Release

Our ward (church congregation) split on Sunday. Boundaries were redrawn, and we are 9 houses over the boundary and in a new ward. Along with the boundaries being redrawn, people were released from their callings, or places of services in the congregation. I have been serving as the women's leader for the women's group for the past little bit. I have been very blessed to serve among wonderful ladies, but I do have to admit to feeling a BIG sense of relief! There were many situations when all I could do was get on my knees and pray for the answers of what to do. I know I was blessed with answers from a loving Heavenly Father. Now it's a bit exciting to see what is in store in the future in a new ward.

Now we're off to see my folks and my sister and her kiddos for a few weeks. Hurray!

5 comments:

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Thanks for everything you were such a great humble leader

I have a good life said...

I will miss serving with you and seeing you on Sundays. Wish our paths didn't cross on these trips! Have a great trip!

Robin said...

you were awesome. Thanks for your service.

Colleen said...

Yay! Does that mean you are with me in the Highland Station ward? I have been wondering who else is with us!

The Tall and Short of it said...

You are such a wonderful example to all you served! Thank you! I miss you!