Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vacation Fun Part 1

We are back into the swing of life again after a most wonderful, relaxing vacation with my parents, but on hot, muggy days I reminisce about the warm, dry days there. We played outside everyday.

We went right below my parent's house to their meadow to enjoy a picnic of fluffer-nutters, carrots, and cookies. A fluffer-nutter is cuisine I was introduced to on my mission in Massachusetts. It's a peanut butter and marshmallow creme sandwich. It's like eating dessert on bread. The kiddos only get that at Bumma's though they request(beg) for it at home.

We timed our trip out just right and overlapped it with my sister and her little folks. Her little guy and X are the same age. They ran off together to build Legos and then a clubhouse. The sticks poking up were to "trap" the deer and keep them out of the clubhouse. I guess it worked, because we never did find any deer "trapped." They had a blast.

The most wonderful sister in the world and her cutie-pie.

L loved his cousins, especially his special baby cousin. She liked him too and grabbed at him.

A. chopped some alfafa to feed horses when she and Bumma went on a walk.


One day X and L got the paints out and did a fantastic job on a truck and plane. They could go wandering around outside and I never worried. In fact, I'd have to ask where L was. "Outside," was often the answer.



Here's Miss B. playing us a beautiful song. She and A liked playing Christmas music. Christmas in July!

During our visit my dad came home from a dream trip to Africa. We were excited to welcome him home. L. was glad he wasn't going to be "girl-trapped" anymore, since the girls outnumbered the boys! My dad definitely brings an air of excitement and energy where ever he is! We had fun hearing about his adventures of a rhino peering in at him, giraffes only feet away, and good-looking wart hogs running around. Fun times.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT MOM
B

Anonymous said...

Really you say warthogs are cute? In my opinion, NO WAY MOM!!
A. (Love ya lots!)

Natalie said...

What a wonderful vacation with grandparents and family.

I have a good life said...

How much fun! So beautiful, too. It is good (for me, at least!) to have you back! :)

Meg said...

You look so much like your sister! How much age difference? My Mom and my aunt who I'm really close to look alike, a lot more when they were younger. I remember my aunt and uncle were staying over. I usually wake my mom up in the morning. I accidently woke up my aunt. My Mom let her sleep in her bed. At least they look different now, to me, anyway.

Alison said...

What a great vacation. It looks all had fun!