Thursday, December 17, 2009
Surrounded and Uplifted
I've been reading about amazing Captain Moroni in the Book of Mormon. It was said of him, "if all men had been, and were, and ever would be, like unto aMoroni, behold, the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever." Alma 53:2 Wow! What a man! What would it have been to know him? Then I got to thinking. Hey, wait a second! I am surrounded by women who are right up there with Moroni in my book. They are stalwart and noble, humble and strong, talented and steadfast, quietly going about doing good whether it be cleaning up a messy child, cleaning a dirty sink, teaching a child, sending a "thinking of you" email, being an example of cheerfulness, sticking with sticky situations, and on and on. I am so truly blessed to rub shoulders with so many women who quietly go about doing what needs to be done without the glamour, glitz, or recognition of the world. They are my mom, my sister, my friends--new and old, my sisters-in-laws, my mom-in-laws, my teachers, my leaders, my aunts. They are YOU! Thank you for blessing my life with your goodness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great post and THANK YOU for blessing my life with you. You are one of the awesome ones.
Julianna,
your blog never ceases to amaze me. My brother is truly blessed to have you as his eternal companion. I am always inspired as I read your incredibly thought provoking words. Plus I love to see pictures of my beauiful neices and nephews. My love to all. Jennifer
Post a Comment