Friday, February 4, 2011

No School--Day 4!

What do you do when you get FOUR days of NO SCHOOL due to icy weather and snow??

Bundle up and play in the white stuff. 

 Capture the snow in a net.

 Kick around. 

 Make snow angels.

Drink hot cocoa with a little extra chocolate added for good measure!

Watch t.v. 
(Poor X-man started running a fever on Tues. night. 
The upside of being sick on snow days--you don't miss school and have make-up work!)

Play Legos--even in bed/couch if needed. 

Wear crazy socks and bundle up.
I bought these blue striped socks at the Dollar Store on my mission many years ago. I LOVE THEM! and they almost have holes in them and I can't find replacements and I'm sad.  Best buck I ever spent.

Play Jenga.

Play marbles.

Play mancala (and get whooped!)

Build. 
That's a banana.

Make cupcakes.

Rejoice in life's little treasures.
I found the RIGHT conversation hearts at Walmart yesterday. 
I almost did a jig in the check-out lane.

Celebrate Nutella Day. 
I guess it's tomorrow, Feb. 5, but any day is a celebration with Nutella!

Tues. we had rolling black outs, so we just bundled up. Our fire alarm went a little berserk and wouldn't stop BEEPing. Luckily, the electricity came back on, and it quieted down. And X-man is on the mend, so life is good. Cozy. Sweet. Not getting much done. Still fun.

1 Hour later...
A bit of bickering. A LOT of noise.  Toys and stuff everywhere. 
A bunch of people in a small area.  For FOUR days.  Still fun???!!

5 comments:

Alison said...

Cabin fever gets the best of us...it infected us too. :)

Steve and Denise said...

I can't believe the weather you are having!!! Bet the kids are having fun though. It just got REALLY cold here and schools closed, but work stayed open. =(

I have a good life said...

I didn't know about Nutella day! Luckily I have some. Maybe we will do Nutella pancakes. :)

We are struggling through day 4, also.

Meg said...

Do you have Apples to Apples or Scrabble? Those are my favorite games! I had two snow days Tues and Weds. I'm glad I went back to work on Thurs and Fri. I was getting stir crazy! I'm afraid there might be more snow days soon! I'm really fortunate to have very understanding bosses!

Tina said...

Look at all the fun you had!! All those games and cupcakes, yummy!! I just layed around all week and got nothing done... sigh...
I'm glad X-man is feeling better. He picked a good week to be sick didn't he? Hope you have a great sunny weekend!!