Need a gross story to help your day along? Well, let me help with a happening from our past apartment life this summer. Don't think less of my housekeeping (or lack of) skills!
While in the apartment we noticed some pesky fruit flies flying around. I stopped buying bananas, thinking that would solve the problem. Still fruit flies. I checked our potatoes (had a college experience with fruit flies, spoiled potatoes, fly maggots--let's stop there). All was well with the spuds, but still fruit flies. I concocted my surefire solution to destroy fruit flies--a mixture of water, cider vinegar, and dish soap. Little critters come to sup and drown. HA! HA! HA! While a few flies went to their watery grave, there were still more!! I was getting desperate as our time in the apartment was drawing to a close. I didn't want to leave a fruit fly invasion.
I enlisted help. I told the kiddos I would pay them a nickel for every fruit fly carcass. (Ewww, gross. I told you it was a gross story). I thought my money mongrels would swat a few, I'd be out a quarter or so, and the flies would be history. My recruits were AMAZING! They swatted and swiped, squashed and squished and made BIG money. Seriously. We're talking DOLLARS. Now try not to think about it, but that's a lot of fruit flies. Many more than I thought we had initially. Gross. I began to realize this was a bigger problem than I had first thought.
Luckily, I was wandering the apartment, wondering where these pests were coming from. It didn't seem to be the kitchen. Then I happened upon X-man's backpack, picking it up to get a book. A cloud of flies fluttered. Oh, why do I tell?! With trepidation I unzzzipppped the pack and...there was the problem. In the rush of back and forth to school, the relief of being done with school, and the joy of a whole summer ahead, the sack lunch had been forgotten. In the bottom of the pack. With a delicious banana peel and left over sandwich. For a rather long time. I won't say more. Just think GROSS!
We got rid of the fruit fly problem. And hopefully learned a powerful lesson on why we empty our packs of lunches EVERY night. X-man, cleverly, all-be-it unknowingly, instigated his breed-a-fruit-fly program, and then broke the bank with his kill-a-fruit-fly program. Ka-CHING$$ for he and his fellow fruit-fly killers.
And now you have a gross story for your day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
LOL! I love that you shared that with us. =)
Post a Comment