Thursday, May 23, 2013

8th Grade Awards

A. had her 8th grade Awards Day. She kept trying to convince me that I really didn't need to go.  I told her when my kiddos get awards, I go. It's seeing my offspring succeed that makes my mother's heart sing. I told her I'd be wearing my cheer outfit and pom poms. I even showed her my cheers and jumps...maybe that's why she kept telling me I REALLY didn't need to go.  I went.  (I don't have any cheerleading gear.)


She was awarded the Presidential Award for maintaining a 90% grade average for all of middle school. It's signed by President Obama. She was also one of 10 students from the 8th grade student body nominated by a team of 8th grade teachers for outstanding Citizenship and exhibiting the values of the school (I can't remember any of them--but in a nutshell "Be Nice.") HURRAY!  WAY TO GO!!  YAHOOOOOO!

When she walked across the stage, she scanned the audience to find me and smile. I mimed a tiny, silent cheer. As if I wouldn't go! My mother's heart sang.


One of the Young Women in our ward (congregation) designed the medal. I was so proud of her too.  So many talented, amazing youth today! 

1 comment:

Tina said...

That is super impressive A! So proud of you as well. Keep up the good work and Julianna, you crack me up. Love the image of you doing your cheers for A. I'm sure she was embarrassed just thinking you might do that in public. Ha, ha!! You are an awesome mom!!!