Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Girls' Weekend

A few months ago, I emailed T's sister, D, to catch up. I mentioned a fun weekend the girls and I had planned and wished she could be with us. She emailed me back that she could!! So that fun Girls' Weekend has happened. It was so nice to have our Aunt D with us. When the girls and X-man were little, we lived just down the road from her, so we got to play with her often. Now...we live a lot more than down the road from her!

I got to take D to have lunch with the boys at their school when she arrived. Then she, the girls, and I went to a Time Out for Women/Girls event and heard some really amazing people talk, and sing, and play violin. There were friends I hadn't gotten to see in a while there, so it was a treat to see them.

Being silly together!

Nice 'stache

The kiddos didn't have school on Monday, so D had a day with all of them. We wanted to go on a picnic and mini-golfing, but the rain changed that plan. We stayed in, played games, laughed, and visited.

Then Aunt D had to go home. There were tears all around and wishes that she lived closer and questions of why she had to go back home. So what if she needed to get home to her hubby, animals, job, and life the kiddos wanted her to stay FOREVER!

Thanks for coming Aunt D!  We miss you! 

1 comment:

Steve and Denise said...

I wanted to stay forever, too! That was such a fun weekend! Thanks so much for the invite. Miss you guys!