Thursday, April 23, 2015

Catch Up

I guess the past few months have been busy. At least that's my excuse for not posting for a very long while!  In my scripture study I've been reading in the Book of Mormon in Omni and the Words of Mormon. Some of the men who wrote on the records only wrote a very small portion while others wrote much more.  I've felt quiet promptings that I need to do better about writing my family's history, so here's a little catch-up!

Christmas 2014
These kids! Just keep getting taller!

Grandpa N spent Christmas with us.

B. celebrated her 17th birthday!  
No way!

The boys are getting big enough to wrestle Bumpa into the famous "Cradle" move!

X and T hanging out.

L. turned double digits!  
10 years old! My baby!
What's everyone doing growing up!

T and J went on some dates!

B. got her braces off--FOREVER!! What a gorgeous smile and girl! 
We love her orthodontist, Dr. Fashemo.

L. raced in his last Pinewood Derby race (quiet cheer from mom and dad)
His car was fast.




We had some ice storms which closed down the schools. L fell down crying he was so upset!

X turned 12!
He is now a deacon, holding the Aaronic Priesthood and passing the Sacrament with quiet dignity. 
We are so pleased with the young man he is becoming.

X and a few of his friends got together to celebrate his birthday with
 some laser tag, gravity ropes, and pizza.

Hello! up there. X walking the beams! Don't fall!

We watched an NBA development team play basketball.  They were definitely in the development stage! Still we liked watching the crowds and the jumbo-tron.  I teased A. that if T and I got on the jumbo-tron, I was going to give him a BIG SMOOCH for the world to see!  In fact, it was now one of my bucket-list wishes!  She rolled her eyes and then blushed like crazy when we actually made it on the jumbo-tron!  Of course, I gave T a big ol' kiss on the cheek.  Cross that off my bucket-list!


Alexa turned "Sweet 16!"  Ahhh!  Dating! Driving! Yikes!
She saved and babysat many moons and had some b-day moolah come her way, so she could get a laptop. 

A. celebrated her b-day with several friends at the mall for an "A-Z Mall Scavenger Hunt" party.

X and L dying Easter eggs!


X has become a very talented tuba player. His teacher, Mr. Elsner, has been a great teacher, knowing that young boys can really be motivated to play jazzy tunes with the promise of pizza parties! I love to hear the sounds of the tuba charging through our house.

The girls and I had a Girls' Night Out--dinner and the General Women's Broadcast. How I love these young ladies of mine!  What a blessed mama I am. 

Hip! Hip! Hurray!  It's Mormon Prom!
These lovely ladies were jumping for joy, ready to dance the night away!
B with some very nice friends.

And that is our life over the past few months.


No comments: