Monday, September 22, 2008

This Beautiful World


Saturday we went for a walk and a dinner picnic. It was so beautiful to be out in nature. The little folks were looking for armadillos and snakes, but their loud cries of, "I wonder where the animals are? Where's the armadillo?" might have caused that guy to curl up in a ball and roll to some place quiet. We did see some deer tracks and other evidence of animals (poop). We had a great time and the kids are clammering to go back. T didn't even get bit by mosquitos, and he's a mosquite magnet! So all in all we had a terrific time.


Say cheeeezze! L puts on his best grin. T just squeezes.


Buddies


X and L had to have their sticks. Is it a boy thing?


Prior to our adventure, A stubbed her toe while playing Cats with L. She complained that it hurt, but we just thought it was another one of her "injuries" which usually just require some attention, a hug, and some more attention. Then they go away. She complained that it hurt to put her shoes on ("Oh, just squish your toe in. The pain will go away). She spoke of pain as she hobbled along during our walk. Hmmm...thought I. She usually forgets the "injury" when the fun happens. Perhaps I need to take a peak at this throbbing toe. Well, the pain hasn't gone away, and we are thinking she might have broken her toe. So chalk one up for mom--I took my daughter on a walk with an injured, maybe broken, toe!


Buddies, in spite of a stubbed/broken toe!

4 comments:

I have a good life said...

How fun! It is so beautiful there! :) Hope A's toe is better soon!

Alison said...

Hey, I just got it. I love the name of your blog.

Kristin said...

Cute pics, J! So fun to see your fam and what you are up to.

marcia@joyismygoal said...

hiking my be my most favorite thing ever to do we always loved it w/ our kiddos