Friday, January 29, 2010

Ain't It Fun!

So I just spent the morning working on medical insurance stuff. Not what I'd call a fun Friday. B's orthodontist has been appealing a claim for the past 9 months. We've been praying and fasting that insurance would kick in and do what's right and pay. They didn't. Yesterday, as I met with the ortho's ofc. mnger. and went over a new payment plan (yay!), she mentioned that she had done all she could and that I shouldn't let it go, but fight it myself. Oh, yay, just what I want to do, spend hours and hours working on insurance. Done THAT before. Lots.  But then I knew that was what I needed to do. Thoughts came to mind of what needed to be done, what doctors I needed letters from, and how to address those letters. I'm appealing our claim. I don't know what the outcome will be (hopefully, a payment from insurance) or what I'm suppose to learn in this process (patience, anger management when on hold for long periods of time, faith), but I do know I need to do it, so I am.

Now something lots more fun...


T. gave me flowers. 


Beautiful, purple tulips. 
Just because. 


L. was in charge of FHE treat a few weeks ago. He made his favorite: chocolate pudding!
Think he likes it?? 


X-man guessed how many tootsie rolls where in the jar at our school's Family Math Night. He won the whole jar with his guess of 125 tootsie rolls. Yum! 

5 comments:

Natalie said...

I hear you on the insurance. It can be such a pain. I've had lots of experiences with that. I guess you will just have to do the best you can and hope for a fair outcome.
Love the little puddng face. So cute.
Great guessing! Wow, that a lot of candy to have. Fun.

nikko said...

Ugh with the insurance.

What pretty tulips!

Meg said...

I love chocolate pudding!!

The Tall and Short of it said...

I love your beautiful flowers!!!!! It was so good to see you wed!! I really miss seeing your beautiful family every week!
You go girl on the ins. stuff!!! We are not stupid, we won't take the back seat. We will fight for what is right!

Tina said...

Good luck with the whole insurance drauma!! I'm so glad that you are in tune and I hope it all works out in your favor.

I LOVE tootsie rolls!! I'm sure you're having fun at your house. Is he sharing?

Love the flowers. Purple is my favorite color and it is always fun to get flowers, just because!! So sweet!!