Thursday, January 21, 2010

It Always Comes Back to Haunt You

I was an angel of a child, except for the time... oh, and then that other time... oh, and there was that time I...  It's amazing how memory fades and then... something happens to remind us.  This morning L. didn't want to do his 5 jobs (since he's five he has five morning jobs) one of which is getting dressed. To show how serious he was about not complying he huffed and puffed. When he didn't get much of a response from mom he opened his dresser drawer and started chucking his clothes all over the room.  With clothes flying through the air,  I took a jaunt down memory lane, remembering my stint as an angelic five year old. My mom wanted me to get dressed for church. I had a fetish about wearing dresses that showed my legs, so I would only wear those long dresses of the stylish 70's hippy era. I guess I could only find short leg-showing dresses (to the knee), so I got ticked and threw all my clothes out of my drawer, thinking I'd really show my mom.  Only thing, once I'd calmed down, I had to put the clothes back. It was one big pile, making it that much harder to find those fashionable striped or velour shirts. Lesson learned: Don't make big messes thinking you'll show your mom. You'll be the one doing the clean up. As I was jolted back to the present with clothes fluttering down, I realized (AGAIN) that so many of the things my own darlings do that drive me bonkers, I did as a youngster. Ut oh!  And we haven't even hit the teen-age years. I think we might be in for it!

P.S. Mr. L. put his clothes back in the drawer--all in one lovely pile.

2 comments:

I have a good life said...

Thanks for sharing! That was great....and I can just imagine that pile. And...you are a real life angel....I am sure you never did anything else but be angelic! :)

Tina said...

I love knowing that L is normal. He always seems so well behaved and mellow. He sure is a cute little boy. I love that he put all the clothes back... in one big pile. So funny!!