Then in a celebratory mood, I gathered my boys (X-man is home sick) and made a quick trip to get some flowers for my flower beds. On the way, we came to a 4-way stop. Stopping briefly in a newly formed pot hole, I remember thinking, "I don't remember THAT pot-hole," then I went happily on my way. UNTIL...I saw flashing lights. Being the law-abiding citizen that I am, I pulled over to allow the cop to get the law-breaking delinquent that must be somewhere ahead of me on the road. But that cop pulled behind ME. I was the law-breaking delinquent!! Apparently I didn't stop completely (you know, the whole 2-seconds-complete-stop-thing) though on the ticket (Yep, THE Ticket) it says "ran stop sign" (which I didn't). Now I have 15 days to appear in court, etc, etc, etc. I tried to be the upbeat, positive law-breaking mom as the boys questioned the excitment of being pulled over. "Police are our friends." "They keep the roads safe." "When you break a law, there is a consequence." L. questioned if I'd be put in a cage. Thankfully, I wasn't. But the whole incident did put a damper on the excitement of my radish harvest.
Friday, April 23, 2010
Triumph in the Garden short lived by Run in with the Law!
Then in a celebratory mood, I gathered my boys (X-man is home sick) and made a quick trip to get some flowers for my flower beds. On the way, we came to a 4-way stop. Stopping briefly in a newly formed pot hole, I remember thinking, "I don't remember THAT pot-hole," then I went happily on my way. UNTIL...I saw flashing lights. Being the law-abiding citizen that I am, I pulled over to allow the cop to get the law-breaking delinquent that must be somewhere ahead of me on the road. But that cop pulled behind ME. I was the law-breaking delinquent!! Apparently I didn't stop completely (you know, the whole 2-seconds-complete-stop-thing) though on the ticket (Yep, THE Ticket) it says "ran stop sign" (which I didn't). Now I have 15 days to appear in court, etc, etc, etc. I tried to be the upbeat, positive law-breaking mom as the boys questioned the excitment of being pulled over. "Police are our friends." "They keep the roads safe." "When you break a law, there is a consequence." L. questioned if I'd be put in a cage. Thankfully, I wasn't. But the whole incident did put a damper on the excitement of my radish harvest.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I hate it when that happens! I got pulled over twice this last summer and the kids have never let me forget about it!
Sorry about the ticket. I just hate that.
The radishes look wonderful.
Your garden radishes are beautiful!
Ah man!!! Some people's luck. My brother in law ALWAYS gets pulled over but never gets a ticket and here you are, getting a ticket for a stop sign!! Urrr! If you need L to come by while you are in court just call!!!
I'm so happy about your radishes. They look wonderful!!!
That stinks, they might as well just say here's a ticket for not making a complete stop. Don't change a fact, you didn't run a stop sign. Oy!
Well for a law breaking mama you sure have pretty radishes:)
It's bad enough getting pulled over, but soo much worse with kids in the car. They tell eveyone...for a long time!
Ugh, I hate that! I don't get very many tickets...well, in proportion to how often I get pulled over for speeding that is(which is all I've ever been pulled over for...). I always mention that I am a teacher - somehow I work it into the conversation (?) and they let me go with a warning! I don't know if that is really it, but...I dunno, it seems to be my good luck phrase! ;)
Post a Comment