Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Vacation Time Part 1

We just got back from a terrific, fantastic, fun, whirl-a-minute vacation. Since there are so many pictures and I'm not very good at narrowing down the fun, I'll make our vacation a trilogy or series. We left bright and early to start the Big Drive. The next day we got to see our beloved Aunt D and her hubby, S. We met them at Dinoridge where dinosaur tracks were uncovered on the side of the mountain. Booths were set up at the small museum for a day of fun, AND it was FREE!
First stegosaurus fossils were discovered here.


Do NOT mess with A!  She's got some sharp claws.  
She's holding a T-rex claw or something. It's big and sharp and thankfully, extinct!

OOOOOOOhhhhhh. T. gets to pet an alligator. 


X-man cleans a turtle (plastic) that has gotten covered in oil from oil spills.

  
L. using a metal detector to uncover treasure. I think he found a nickel.

B. compares handprints with an Iguanodon.
 He might win on size, but she wins on having the cutest hand!


L. painted a "fossil" footprint. 


X is on the lookout for any run-away dinos!


We hiked up the hillside to see where dinos had once walked. 
The footprints are over T's shoulder. 
It was nice, hot, dry, and perfect weather!

We had a delicious lunch provided by our own Aunt D. We ate it picnic-style and caught up on news, 
and smiles, 


and hugs.

We MISS you Aunt D!!

Then we hopped back in the car to continue the Big Drive. We stopped off in a cute mountain town to eat pizza and visit with our Aunt C and Uncle B. Yummy pizza, tasty ice cream, and fun company!


My treasures.

A great start to our vacation. 
I sure do LOVE the mountains, and family, and non-humid weather.

1 comment:

Tina said...

LOVE the dinosaur park. I think any kid, young or old would have fun there!!
I can't wait for part II of your trip. We sure missed seeing you at church and for piano. It's nice to have you back!