Friday, January 7, 2011

Christmas Catch-up!

Life has been a blur. Now it's time to back-pedal and play Christmas Catch-up! We had a great, busy, fun-packed Christmas. We stayed home two days the whole break! The rest of the time we were playing, shopping, going to appointments, dating, and running around. We made some great memories but were worn out when it ended.

Christmas Parties
L. had his first classroom party. He ate pizza, decorated cookies, and came home with oodles of candy! X-man made lots of crafts, ate snacks, and had a book exchange. T. surprised the boys by coming to their parties. He went to work early, took off for the parties, and then went back to work. He is such a good Dad!

L. with his wonderful teacher, Mrs. McD.

X-man and T. share some treats!

Christmas Piano Recital
That night B, A, and X-man had a piano recital. They had been practicing for months and were ready to run their fingers over the piano keys. My parents were passing through, so they were able to hear our little piano maestros.  They played superbly; that practiced paid off.  Their wonderful teacher, Sis. K, made the evening so special and fun!  

The players!
B, Sis. K, A, and X-man

The audience 
(though some of the audience was to the side and aren't in the photo!)


B's 13th Birthday!!!

Dec. 23rd made T and I the proud, and slightly nervous, parents of a teen-ager!  B. has blessed our life for 13 years.  Our family had a fun day celebrating her. She got a purse and wanted to go out shopping. She also got a bike helmet. But no bike. Hmmmmm...

 Ahhhh...terrific 13!  

Oh, my lands!  I AM a teen!

I know, I know, you are thinking T and I are too young to have a teen. I'm in total agreement (or denial) with you. Give it 6 years and I'm sure we'll look (even more??!!) haggard and wind-blown with a crazy stare to boot as we are overtaken by teen-agers!

Christmas Eve 2010
I love Christmas Eve. Gifts are wrapped, the lights are twinkling, the music playing. There is a peace in the air as we anticipate the celebration commemorating the Birth of our Savior. I love celebrating Jesus Christ. We have started a tradition of having a Shepherd's Dinner. We turn out the lights, light candles, turn on the Christmas tree lights and music and talk quietly. Or try to with excited little people.  We read Luke 2 about the birth of Jesus. I love the feeling that is in our home when we do this. 

Then the lights go on, the kiddos get bundled up, and green pickle ornament gets hid, and we drive around looking at lights.  When we get home, the first child to find the green pickle ornament on the tree, gets to open the first present. And YES, we open ALL our presents on Christmas Eve.  We save Santa's gifts for Christmas morning.  It's been a tradition since I was a wee thing, and now it's written in stone.

 Santa's helpers!

 See that!  Brotherly and sisterly love!
(Now REMEMBER that kiddos!)

 Ohhh...
a little bit excited and a LOT bit CRAZY!!

Christmas 2010
We must have been very nice this year, because we all got something we wanted!

L. hand-painted this beautiful plate for me. 
I love it and I love him. 

 L. trying out his new scooter. He scoots very 
faaaaasssstttttt!

 B. has wanted a bike for a very loooooonnnnggg time! She wasn't interested in riding a bike with just two wheels due to the falling down possibility. We were nervous about a two wheel bike for the same reason as well as other possibilities, like slightly-important body parts breaking--a head for instance. The solution:  an adult tricycle. B. loved that idea.  When Christmas Eve came, she had a helmet and a bike bell, but no bike. She was slightly down-hearted, thinking her wish was just that--a wish. But ol' Santa, came through with flying colors and a flying sleigh!  Ding ding!  Here comes B!

 What else did you expect for Mr. Lego??!
Pleased as punch!

Stylish Lu with her Harry Potter. 

 L. also got a BIG BAD BOW!  It was a hit with all--literally!  
A. is looking for prey, possibly two little dears??

Ahhh...two little dears, hiding out with their somewhat smaller Nerf guns. 

Well, that's it for now.  I'll proceed with the week AFTER Christmas later, because the fun is far from over!

3 comments:

nikko said...

What an awesome bike for B! It looks like she is so happy with it! Yay for Santa!

Nerf guns made an appearance at our house this Christmas, too. So fun. :o)

Tina said...

What fun traditions you guys have and what a fabulous Christmas! It looked like everyone was so pleased with what they got. I love B's bike. That is so great that she feels comfortable on it. Wahooo! Can't wait to hear more about your fun holiday!

Meg said...

What a cool looking bike! I like the basket with it. I love legos too. I took Z to the Lego store. We had so much fun building with legos. I also have a pickle orgnment.