I had my kids. I had my list. I had my head. Ready. Start. Go. Except for the start part. This morning we all piled in the van to rush--the speed limit--to school when the car wouldn't start. It had been acting funny yesterday, but I quickly made a note to tell T and then forgot the little note-to-self. I went inside to think of how to get the kids to school. We could walk. It's lovely weather, good exercise, not too far. Then I called my next-street neighbor to see if she had left with her kids. No answer. Then I thought to pray. So I knelt down to ask for help. I had just finished my prayer when my phone rang. It was my neighbor, and she was right in my drive-way! She saw I had called and was just going by my house, so stopped. She ran my children to school, even though she'd already taken hers, and came back to help me jump start my car. We were both novices at that, but her car dealer husband walked us through it over the phone. We were both pretty proud that we jump started a car and didn't blow anything up!
So lesson learned: need to jump start your day? Have you tried prayer--FIRST?! It's a sure way to have a smooth ride or at least a ride that gets you places!

3 comments:
I just love that story!! Not the part where your car didn't work but I'm so glad you remembered to pray and that your friend was filled with the spirit to stop!!
You have been my saving angel with picking up Jacob these last two weeks so I'm so happy to know you are receiving blessings and angels in your life too!!!
haha that is funny!
What a wonderful story. I love how Heavenly Father listens to our smallest prayers.
Post a Comment