Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Girls' Weekend Away


This past weekend the girls and I had a girls' weekend.  I have looked forward to doing this for 12 years! It was such fun to be with my girls. We went to a conference for women and girls with uplifting, fun and funny speakers and talented musicians. The girls got to talk about "girl stuff" like boys and dating. They also were reminded of their purpose here and where they are headed.  I was reminded that it's not just in the doing of things, but in becoming who I'm meant to be that I can find joy.  We all loved the conference and came away rejuvenated.
 

We also got to pal around and see some sights.  The girls wanted to try "The Rainforest Cafe" again, remembering that five years ago when they tried it the grunting gorillas, trumpeting elephants, and crashing lightning and thunder scared them into tears.  They fared better this time.



We like this famous man, especially his name!

I loved getting away with my gals.  They are such fun to be around.  I'm such a lucky mom!

And what did the boys do while we were away??  They were as excited as we were for us to GO AWAY!  They went to a toy store, bought a toy, played with it, feasted on McDonald's happy meals and fast food and loved the non-drama calm.  But they did miss us--and we missed them too!

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like fun! I can't wait to take Emma!

Meg said...

sounds like fun!

Tina said...

What a blast! I bet they just loved spending time with you as well. What a great idea!!