
X-man had his first Cub Scout Day Camp last week. After passing out the first day due to the heat, drinking some Gatorade to get revived, and seeing all the boys playing around, X-man recovered and wanted to stay (I wanted to haul him home out of the heat) to play Laser tag (water guns), paint a rocket (a bowling pin with fins), and launch rockets (made out of newspaper). He stayed home Tuesday due to a rough night, but was back for more action the rest of the week. He made a compass, a star chart, a sun dial, a constellation lamp, a laser ray gun (marshmallow shooter), alien pet, alien slime, and alien egg holder (gum ball machine). He got to be active with ultimate frisbee, archery, BB gun shooting, sling-shot shooters, water balloon tag, and all variations of tag. One night at dinner, the fire department was invited to spray the boys down. SO funny to see these boys getting doused with the fire hose. They LOVED it., and I think the firemen enjoyed it as much as the boys. I'm sure I forgot something, but you get the idea--a very FULL week with LOTS of fun activities. Amazing people planned a wide variety of activities. We came home stinky, dirty, exhausted, and much more appreciative of air conditioning!

Getting ready to launch some lima beans with his sling shot.
Receiving instructions on sling-shot shooting.
Ping! Shooting a bean at the pie tin.
1 comment:
I will be thinking of you guys next week while I'm at the CCA retreat!
Post a Comment