Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Personal Progress

In the Young Women's program at church, girls ages 12-18 are encouraged to work on developing characteristics that bring them closer to their Heavenly Father through experiences and projects of their choosing. It's called Personal Progress.  The values they work on are: Faith, Divine Nature, Individual Worth, Knowledge, Choice and Accountability, Good Works, Integrity, and Virtue. The girls work on a 10 hour project for each value and then take steps to work on that project, in addition to several smaller experiences.

B. and A. have been working hard on the projects and experiences. A. wanted to finish the whole program before she turned 14 and she did!  She worked so hard.  I can't remember all her projects, but some were to read the entire Bible, participate in swimming, try-outs and meets included, and take part in a school play with the try-outs, many practices, memorizing, etc. She did other projects, but I can't remember them now and she isn't here to ask. One of my favorite experiences she did was to help plan and cook family meals for 2 weeks!  It was like a vacation from cooking for me!


She received her beautiful medallion with the Salt Lake Temple on it this Sunday. She now wants to do the program again and help other girls (and me!) complete the program.




4 comments:

Alison said...

This is awesome!! Way to go A!

Tina said...

That is an awesome accomplishment!! Congrats A!!!

nikko said...

Amazing!!! I am really impressed! I don't think I finished mine till I was almost 18! Slacker! LOL!

Tiffany said...

That's something to be proud of!!! Way to Go!!