Friday, April 12, 2013

Take Me Out to the Ballgame!


Last night the boys, T, and I went to the opening night of our local minor league baseball team. It was school night, so many other schools were there. It was so fun! Do I sound surprised by that? I was.  I was excited to spend time with my guys, but not as excited about a long baseball game. But it was such fun! I thoroughly enjoyed watching the game with T being my own personal commentator, explaining pretty much everything since I don't know much about the game. I ate a hot dog and didn't think too much about what was in it. We even saw a homerun with bases loaded! Unfortunately it was the other team. Our team did score, so it wasn't a shut out game.  Our pitchers kept hitting the batter (that's how 3 players got on base for that homerun score). T joked that since our team wasn't hitting the ball, they were trying the strategy of hitting the batters and knocking them out. I was glad I wasn't a batter.


Lots of foul balls were popped into the stadiums with people scrambling to get a game ball, T and the boys included, getting within feet of one before someone else got their hands on it. There were several hit near us.  I never realized how much you need to look out for zooming balls! In L's mind, a good ball player was one who hit a bunch of foul balls into the stands, forget any hits or homeruns. He was especially impressed with a certain player from the opposing team, expounding what a great player he was since he hit so many balls in our area.   While watching for foul balls, X-man tried doing some funky dance moves to get on the t.v display. I was so surprised he wanted his 5 seconds of fame since he usually saves his dance moves for the privacy of home.


Lots of people left as it was getting late and the score wasn't that great, but we stuck it out. T and I wanted to watch the fireworks; the boys wanted to catch a fly ball. The fly ball never happened though several boys around us got one, making a very disappointed L, but the fireworks did happen. Since there were not many people left, it felt like we had our very own firework show. It was such a fun night!