Yesterday, T and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary. Look at those young, whipper-snappers! The photo is even starting to yellow; it's that old! That was the night before the BIG day. We were so excited, full of exuberance and confidence, ready to take on life. I like that excitement.
We are more subdued now. And tired. Life, seminary, teenagers, a cold coming on can do that. We went out to eat. After dinner we looked at each other and said, "Now what? What do you want to do?" We both said, "Let's go home." And we did. And we were ok with that. We don't have to impress each other with our sparkliness, our energy, our abilities. We're comfortable with each other--comfortable in our skin. We like each other. Sometimes we're exciting, but mostly we're peacefully happy being together. I like that peace.
Though I still get excited when T comes in the door from work. He listens to my rants, my "trauma" stories, and my epic adventures in laundry, carpool, and grocery shopping. He makes me laugh. He treats me like a queen. He brings out the best in me. He won't argue with me though I sometimes try. He's like Sister Falabella, wife of Elder Enrique R. Falabella of the Seventy, who says: "In order to contend, you need two people, and I will never be one of them." (April 2013 General Conference).
We've learned to share, help, forgive, let go, and cherish. We're still learning. Thankfully, we've made covenants with each other in the temple, and we have an eternity to get it right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
What a sweet post!! Happy Anniversary!!!!
Happy Anniversary!
You two look exactly the same. OK maybe T has changed a bit. But not you!! Happy Anniversary!!
Happy Anniversary to one of my favorite couples ever!
Post a Comment