What has a bunch of teenagers up before dawn?
What has a bunch of teenagers up before dawn
to study?
What has a bunch of teenagers up before dawn to study
the scriptures?
What has a bunch of teenagers up before dawn to study the scriptures
every school day?
What has a bunch of teenagers up before dawn to study the scriptures every school day
even when its dark?
even when its cold?
even when its tiring?
If you guessed, early morning Seminary you guessed right!
Isn't that amazing! That a class, an early, early class, an early, early class studying about prophets, commandments, and Jesus Christ would get teenagers out of bed??! I think it's absolutely awesome!
As a high school teen, I went to early morning seminary. I feel like my love of the scriptures, which started with my Mom's example and love of the scriptures, developed and expanded in early morning seminary. I don't remember what we learned day by day--it WAS early--but a habit of always making room in my busy life for the teachings of Jesus Christ began. I'm thankful for seminary then and I'm thankful for seminary now. I'm even thankful for seminary for the next 10 years we will have high schoolers. gulp.
I hope each of my children will love seminary and the truths they learn there. They might not love the blaring beep of the alarm. Or the opening of the eyes at an unforgivable hour. But I hope they'll feel and see the blessings of starting their day off with their Creator.
No comments:
Post a Comment