Miss B. doesn't realize what a tough cookie she is. Everyone told her how tough she was when they saw and heard about her surgery. She just nodded in agreement. But I don't think she really thought about the tough cookie she is. She told me in the middle of it, "Sure, I'm tough...but I'm tired of being tough." Yeah, being tough over and over again
I've overheard B's peers talking about having broken their foot or torn their ligament or gotten stitches, while B listens silently and just nods. Surgeries have just been a way of life for her, often something she did every summer in her early years. And yet she goes through them and then relearns how to use her mouth to form sounds or work her fingers to have beautiful handwriting.
B, you are tough. You have done some amazingly tough things. There will be more tough things to go through in life, but I know you will keep going, being happy, and seeing the happy in life. Now, always seeing the happy can be tough, but, hey, you already do tough things. Besides, you are one tough, sweet cookie. Don't you forget that.
1 comment:
Loved this post!!!! She sure is tough and even when she took piano she played beautifully. Does she still play? Tell her I'm proud of her and to keep being positive. She's amazing and so are YOU!!!
Post a Comment