
Today we celebrated the happy day that L made his appearance to our family here on earth. He has been counting the days until THIS big day. He was up at the crack of dawn to open all his presents. After he opened them, he launched himself at his brother and sisters, giving "thank you" hugs. X was really sad to go to school and leave his brother('s toys) all by himself. Once the dust of getting siblings to school had settled, he and I played with the new toys. We tried doing a picnic at the playground, but the cold wind hampered our enjoyment. I guess, it IS January. We came home and played games instead. Tonight, we went out for dinner (a treat for L AND me--no cooking!) and then sang and ate cake and ice cream. He let me know he's ready for his birthday tomorrow again. Oh, the sad reality that birthdays are only once a year!

Here's our guy four years ago, only a few hours old.

When L told me he wanted a Lightning McQueen cake, I felt a little panicky. I'm not a cake decorator. Luckily, I found an example of an easy cake online that I could copy. Thank you crafty people who do things easy and step-by-step for the not-so-crafty.
6 comments:
What a great cake! I think you are more crafty than you give yourself credit for! Happy Birthday, L!
What do you mean not a decorator? That is an awesome cake!
Happy Birthday, L!
Happy late birthday L!! I think your cake is great. You can tell that L loved it, that's all that matters.
Happy Birthday L. The cake is awesome. I think you have lots of creativity. I remember the beautiful runners you made. I think I'm going to forget all my quilting skills while I'm gone. I will have to come back to Tx just to brush up.:)
Miss you.
I think at some point soon you are going to have to stop saying that you aren't crafty! You have crossed that line with one too many cute cakes and Halloween costumes! Good job!!
wow, cake and doughnuts! my favorite!
Post a Comment