Monday, January 19, 2009
Recognizing So-Called Random Thoughts
I am coming to realize that God, our Father in Heaven, is a part of our lives more than we realize. Over the past few weeks I have had friends' names come to mind very briefly and thought, "Oh, I wonder how she is doing. I haven't gotten to talk with her in a while. I need to call her." Later when I sat down to call, I thought, "But she is doing just fine. I'd just be bugging her," and dismissed the thought to call. Later, I've found that the friends who I thought to call have been sick or have had a need that a quick call would have helped with. As I look back on these little thoughts that have come, I realize they were soft, gentle nudges towards acts of kindness. I'm learning how God urges us to reach out to His children, our brothers and sisters. Those seemingly random thoughts that encourage us to think of others can be sweet whisperings of the Holy Ghost, prompting us to action. And so, I'm learning to recognize God's hand more in my life, and when a friend's name or anyone's name comes to mind, I need to spring into action!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
thanks for Springing to me :)
It's been 14 years and you're still my trainer after all. :) Thanks for the reminder.
So true. Well said.
And...I will never forget one specific time (out of many, by the way) that you DID heed a thought to call me.... On an off-Friday on my way to my hair appointment. Your thoughtfulness showed me just how much Heavenly Father was aware. Thanks.
Post a Comment