Friday, May 21, 2010

Outstanding Scientist and Field Day


B. was awarded Outstanding Excellence in Science at her middle school award ceremony. I "WAA-HOOed" loudly; I was so proud of her. X. asked me why I was "yelling."  I told him I was CHEERING for B. "Oh."  She has worked hard in science this year. I'm so thankful she has a teacher that noticed the good things she's doing.  Yay Miss B!


It was field day for X-man, his first (last year's was canceled due to the Swine Flu scare).  He was so excited. L. and I went to cheer him on in his events. The children were divided into small groups and assigned a 5th grader for their "Captain."  X's captain was awesome. They called him Mr. T. He cheered them on, congratulated them, told them they were awesome, made sure they were all together, and listened to what they wanted to do. He was really great!

Sack Race

Egg Walk
Luckily they weren't real eggs!

Bouncy boy!

Giving the ball a bounce.

Basketball toss

Scooter Race

Big Foot Race

Almost there...opps. Tangled up in those BIG feet!

L. looking on. It'll be HIS turn next year!

A. looking like the cool team Captain she was. 
She helped the first graders and kindergartners. 


4 comments:

nikko said...

Way to go, B! Tell her congratulations from me!!

Tina said...

That is awesome about the science award!! Yay B! And I love how X asked why you were yelling. It just goes to show that you never raise your voice at them!
End of the year fun! I can't wait until I can be a part of all that craziness next year...

Natalie said...

Congrats to B. Awesome! Fun activities for the kids.

Meg said...

Great job, B!