When we walked into the restaurant we were greeted with friendly faces. Here were our host and hostess. They did a wonderful job seating us. When we asked where we should sit, one of them exclaimed, "Oh, just sit anywhere you want! I don't care." We felt very at home.
After perusing the menu we decided upon the Love Potion (a delicious drink which causes you to fall in love with the first person you see of the opposite sex who isn't in your family. Lucky for me T was that person though some tried to say he was in my family and technically not in the running!), apples and carrots, and homemade pizza. Our waitress was very helpful and got our order just right.
I was able to sneak a peek in the kitchen and caught the chefs hard at work, making our pizzas. I think the pizza sauce was a secret family recipe.
Dinner is served!
After dinner we were served a stunning dessert: dessert pizzas which consisted of hand-whipped whip cream on a homemade sugar cookie topped with fresh fruit. It was a hit and there were smiles all around! While we were eating, we were talking with the staff about how a gentleman treats a lady: the boy opens car doors, store doors, etc and lets the girl go in first, and he just treats her well. L. thought about this and then frankly asked, "Well, what do girls DO?" Hmmmmm...
If I was a food critic, I would most definitely give Yum-Yum Yummers 20 Stars! A lot of planning and baking went into a wonderful night. Thank you workers at Yum-Yum Yummers! Can we make reservations for tomorrow night??

4 comments:
Cute!! Very creative.
What an awesome restaurant. May I make a reservation? I especially like the waiters/waitresses. I think I would like some of the yummy pizza too and especially some of the love potion.:)
I couldn't help but smile the whole time reading this post!! What a great idea! I remember doing things like that for my parents and in return they would do it for us on our dates in high school. What a cute family you have!!!!
Your kids are so creative and fun!
Post a Comment