Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Friends in Time of Need

"Real"life has crowded in, so I'll have to leave off on the vacation for a bit. B. is having quite a bit of oral surgery done tomorrow. She will be having a total of 11 teeth pulled as well as other fun stuff done on her mouth.  Looking at the positive, B will break the bank with the tooth fairy as well as get yummy food like pudding and ice cream while recovering.

Anyway, it's been a while (THANKFULLY) since we've looked a surgery in the face. We dread every surgery, but always know things will be o.k.  B. has always been given a special priesthood blessing by her dad. We have seen miracles because of those blessings. I am also calmed by them, knowing we are in our Heavenly Father's hands.

And while I am taking care of B, so many wonderful friends are taking care of my other little ones. The boys have been counting the days until B's surgery, so they could go and play at their friend's house. A whole day with excited, little boys...thank you, A!  And then my big 6th grader, A. has 6th grade orientation. I'm sad I can't be there for her during this exciting, nervous intro to middle school, but so thankful to Good Life for taking her and sitting with her, getting her to the right place. Then other friends who just happen to be my awesome visiting teachers (ladies from church that visit me every month) have offered to bring us dinner during this time.  Plus all the thoughts and prayers of others. My heart is so full, because I am SO taken care of by wonderful friends. Now I can take care of my little gal.

7 comments:

Kristin said...

I hope the surgery goes well, and B recovers very quickly! I'm so glad you have such great help. I'll keep you in my prayers. :)

Tina said...

Well I feel sheepish... I'm sorry I didn't realize that all this was happening to B tomorrow. I just thought it was something minor. I'll be thinking of her tomorrow and you and praying everything goes Perfectly!!

I have a good life said...

We all just love, love, love you and your family! :) Good luck tomorrow. Our thoughts and prayers will definitely continue to be with you.

Natalie said...

Our prayers are with B. Praying surgery and recovery go well.
Hugs

Meg said...

I hope the surgery goes well. Why 11 teeth? Is this in the way of braces? I had my tooth whitening yesterday, had stain tooth that was annoying me. I wish they could do the rest! :-)

nikko said...

Sorry I can't be there to help out. Give B a great big hug from me. I miss being her YW leader!

marcia@joyismygoal said...

she looks awesome and I feel for her i am still recouping from dental surgery on the 2nd and it is terribly painful i hope B fairs better