Boo! So guess what I didn't DO this year? I didn't take any pictures of the trick-or-treaters all costumed up on their way out to beg. Yep, no pho-tos. They were being stuff they'd been before, mostly. I must admit I've felt a bit like a Halloween Scrooge this year--a real Boo Humbug! I was feeling rebellious. Plus we were running out the door to the Trunk-or-Treat when I thought about it. And B. was sick, so she didn't even feel like getting costumed up. And...I just said forget it. Luckily for my guilt-ridden heart (the day after), I remembered we had some pictures from the church carnival we went to. OOOooo, that was close. I was almost in the-mom-who-didn't-take-Halloween-photos-of-her-cuties-all-dressed-up class, very close to the Wicked Witch of the West class. Whew, that was close!
But to plead my case, we DID have a rather
SPOOKY Halloween dinner. No pictures, of course, so you'll have to take my word for it. We had mummy dogs (hotdogs wrapped with bread), goblin toenails (potato chips), witches' fingers (carrots), newt eyeballs (green grapes), swamp water with worms (green punch with gummy worms), and pumpkin pie (yum). Then we had a wonderful night talking and playing games. It was actually one of my favorite Halloween evenings!
THE Pictures I remembered:
Meow! Donut-loving cat!
Lego-man minus the big-bulky Lego brick.
(Thankfully, he did WEAR it last year.)
Vet B with her stuffed dog
Transformer L taking on Mr. Incredible in a stick pull!
He won the first one and Mr. Incredible won the second.
4 comments:
Cute, Jay. I am also in trouble with the lack of photos. It is just too hard to get the camera out while juggling all the costumes, candy, and other party stuff. I may try to take photos this week - just get everybody costumed-up again, for the sole purpose for taking pictures... Maybe. ;)
Cloey was the first to notice B was not at church. She was very worried about her. Hopefully she's feeling better.
Cute, cute kids!! Loved the pumpkins!!!!!
Creative dinner, oddly that sounds good! I love the Jack o' Lanterns!
Your pumpkins look great!!
Love it!
Post a Comment