Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Inspired by Chocolate


See these little treasures?  (Once there were three; now there are...) Chocolate covered marzipan hazelnut logs, A.K.A Heaven! They are at your local Aldi store.  Don't have an Aldi? I'm sorry. You'll have to go to Germany to find them then--that's where they're from--or have a really nice family member/friend send you one if she doesn't  eat it first.  Your chances are slim.

I found them the other day while scouting out all the chocolate in Aldi. Others may go there for the sales on eggs, milk, butter;  I go for the chocolate. I let T have a little, tiny nibble. He liked that nibble. He suggested I visit Aldi again, so he could have a nibble (or two or three) on his own marzipan log. Being the nice, agreeable wife that I am, I agreed to go. AFTER I had finished the Must-To-Do's on my list, of course. I do have some self control! Really. So I was getting those things done. Then I thought about that yummy little log. Oh, but I had a  phone call to make. I really should get that done...later. I went for the chocolate. AND I'm SO glad I did, because I saw some friends I hadn't seen in a while that I would have missed entirely if I had stuck with my "To Do List." I really think I was suppose to be at Aldi at that time to be at the right place at the right time. I'm so glad I was. I'm so glad I saw these friends. I'm so glad we can go about doing good even while thinking about chocolate!

4 comments:

Meg said...

Thank god for Aldi!

Tina said...

You are the best. Did you know that?
I might have to go to Aldi and get some chocolate now. Thanks!!

the MILKY way (Chrissy) said...

The Lord knows how to move us. :)

Natalie said...

I went to Aldi all the time in Europe and never saw those delicious looking morsels. We did, however, eat lots of yummy Belgian chocolate. It is the best.