Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happenings

Some random happenings in our life:
  • L. had his last soccer game. It was a win with L. scoring a goal. He was so happy to end the season with a win! 
  • After the soccer game the team went to Cici's Pizza for all-you-can-eat pizza and trophy awards. He had a fun team with a nice coach and a fabulous assistant coach, T. 
  • B. had her Young Women's in Excellence program. We got to review her accomplishments this past year in her Personal Progress (a program of for young ladies in church which focuses on goals and strengthening their faith in Jesus Christ.).  She has worked and is continuing to work on piano, cooking, daily prayer, and daily scripture reading. 
  • B. dog-sat for some friends. She loves dogs. 
  • A. went sailing for Activity Days and helped steer the boat!
  • X. is practicing for his Christmas program (they call it Holiday program) at school. He is an elf.
  • L. had a Thanksgiving Feast in his kindergarten class. They made hats/Indian headdresses, butter, turkey, and corn cakes. Then they ate together and added cranberries, corn, apple juice, and pumpkin pie. A feast! I went to help and had the best time.
  • L. went roller skating for a friend's birthday party. He pushed a little walker thing around. He told me he went around 8 times!  His knees have little bruises from the occasional fall. It was so cute to see him. I wish I'd brought my camera. 
  • And now we're all having a Thanksgiving Break together. We haven't scheduled anything, so we can enjoy this time together as a family. It's nice.

Soccer star.

GOOOOOAAAAALLLLLL! 



 L's favorite part of soccer: the trophy!


B. with Peyton the dog. She loved playing with him. 

3 comments:

Meg said...

Did I tell you that I care for another boy now? His name is Peyton! I'm offically on Thanksgiving break, until Friday anyway then I get to work with Peyton. I had Thanksgiving with David's family last Saturday. (His Dad's side) We will spend his mother's side this Thursday.

I have a good life said...

So much fun! You have such great children. I am always impressed with them and with you. :) Happy Thanksgiving!

Steve and Denise said...

L. has great form playing soccer! I saw BTR in the Macy's day parade today and thought of you. =)