Saturday, November 24, 2012

A Happy, Quiet Thanksgiving

 This Thanksgiving, we have relaaxxxed with a much needed break.  We haven't really gone anywhere or done much.  So NICE! L made this cute gobbler at school. It was the only turkey on our table for Thanksgiving, because the head chef (me) doesn't care much for turkey. Being the head chef, I decided upon salmon for our Thanksgiving feast. Such a rebel. 

Thanksgiving Feast.
We had salmon with the Hawaiian rub my parents brought back (YUM), rolls, cheesy broccoli,  sweet potato souffle, mashed potatoes, fresh pineapple, cranberry sparkly, pecan pie, and pumpkin pie. No stuffing.  Again, the head chef rebelled. 

Our annual Thankful game almost didn't make it this year. 
I forgot to start it! Then the kiddos reminded me.   

 We've been playing IPad, watching movies, eating popcorn, reading, napping (me), sleeping in, playing games, acting out skits, writing stories, playing Wii, and enjoying each other. We have LOTS to be thankful for!

Since T wasn't in the Feast picture, I got this when he wasn't expecting it. Ha! It's the only time I can get his picture. X-man is playing IPad. 

Sadly, X-man has been sick. He was recovering, but now is coughing and tired. We hope it isn't a repeat of L's sickness!  Be GONE vile sickness! 

2 comments:

Meg said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Tina said...

Wow!! Your hair is super long and so pretty. I'm so glad you had a great relaxing day... and salmon for Thanksgiving?!?! You are a rebel!!! Miss you!!