Wednesday, April 17, 2013

29 and Holding!

 I don't usually blog about myself.  Especially my age.  But I blog about everyone else's birthday, so I thought I'd blog about mine!  Yes, I have hit the magical age of 29. I've plateaued at this age for sometime now and feel I'm really getting the hang of 29.

Little me 
29 (or so) years ago.

I love my birthday! It's a day I can NOT do the dishes, because, hey! it's my birthday! Or I CAN sit and read a book in the middle of the morning and not feel guilty, because, hey, it's my birthday!  This year I started my celebration a few days early just so I'd get into the feel of saying, hey, it's my birthday!  It was great!

I was so spoiled on my b-day with early morning donuts, sweet cards from family and friends, perfect gifts, hugs and squeezes, lunch with 2 of my favorite gals in the whole world, dinner out with my sweet family, and pecan pie that A. made. It was a grand day!

This was my senior picture!  Too FUNNY! 
Look at the fuzzy, blond haired lady! I tell T over and over that this WAS the style in the day. I WAS very stylish. This is even before "The Claw" days of BIG bangs for me. 
Really, I WAS stylish.  Really.

Me now.
L. colored and gave me this picture frame.
I have a very good life. I have a very loving family, near and far, good friends, health, a happy attitude, food, clothes, style (had to add that), a home, an education, a firm knowledge of my Heavenly Father's and my Savior's love and my place in Their plan. 
Here's to 29 more years!

3 comments:

Meg said...

Wow, look at that Farrah Fawcett hair! Happy Birthday!

Tina said...

I'm so glad it was such a great day for you!!! You deserve it!!! Happy Birthday!!!

nikko said...

Oh my gosh! That picture! It doesn't even look like you! Hope you had a great day! Happy Birthday!