On another note...B. tried her hand, or rather foot, at ice skating with her young women's group at church. She tried really hard and realized ice skating it a lot harder than it looks. She ended up being the official photographer of the outing, taking some photos of the other gals skating. I was so glad she tried.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Children Weed Happily!!
Today T had his Friday off, so the kiddos asked what we were going to do. "Weed the yard," came the response of mean, work-happy parents. We were actually teasing, secretly planning to go putt-putting (miniature golfing) and then shopping. But before we knew it, L. had done his morning jobs and was headed outside. We thought he was practicing his soccer. X. peeked out. "He's got the whole dump truck full of weeds. I want to help!" And sure enough each child finished his/her morning jobs and ran out to help weed! WOW! No matter that it would take a day of weeding and a neighborhood of help to get the weeds in our yard gone, those little folks were out there all because of the good example of their little brother! Makes our parent-hearts cheer when things like this happen.
On another note...B. tried her hand, or rather foot, at ice skating with her young women's group at church. She tried really hard and realized ice skating it a lot harder than it looks. She ended up being the official photographer of the outing, taking some photos of the other gals skating. I was so glad she tried.
On another note...B. tried her hand, or rather foot, at ice skating with her young women's group at church. She tried really hard and realized ice skating it a lot harder than it looks. She ended up being the official photographer of the outing, taking some photos of the other gals skating. I was so glad she tried.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Yah for good examples. You have great kids.:) Must be your good example. In fact, I'm sure it is.
Wow I am impressed what a great kid "and a little child shall lead them"
and I have to say I have some over here when they want to fill the dump truck again:):)
Ice skating is really hard. Not my kinda sport. I enjoy weeding. I even volunteer to weed other people's yards. D and I just got back from L'ville. Nice trip, warm weather!
Our little ones did some spontaneous weeding the other day, too! Weird!
So glad B enjoyed the ice skating outing!
Post a Comment