Nice and dusty like all good paleontologists! And HAPPY too!
Of course, we had a Spinosaurus fossil cake. He's eating the number '7.'
(Spinosaurus is X's favorite dinosaur...currently) I had lots of fun cutting out the fossil bones in fondant. I got a little carried away. He was bigger and scarier on the cutting board, but had to get squashed to fit on the cake.
Making a BIG wish with a huff of air.
AHHHH! The velociraptor is after the birthday boy!
This paleontologist is going craazzzzy digging for bones!
He got a game like "Operation" except with dino bones. Every time he slips and touches the edges the dino roars! It takes a steady hand and nerves of steel. A. loves to try her hand at it. She's very good at it.
A few of the birthday gifts. Can you tell a theme here? Maybe this guy likes dinosaurs--a little?! He's headed off tomorrow to cash a b-day check and spend a b-day gift card. He's got plans for the money already!
When Grandma N. asked what he got from Mom and Dad, he said "A box." See it there in the background? We really did give him a box. A couple of weeks ago when I received my bread maker, he and L. kept eyeing the big box it was shipped in. He told us that maybe for his birthday we would give him that box. Every time after when he noted something he wanted for his b-day, we just shook our head and said we already had what he wanted--a box. He'd shake his head and giggle, "Noooooo!" Well, I wrapped that big box up. When he saw the big wrapped present he smiled. "It's that box!!" He hefted it. "It's even empty!" He was soooo excited about that. We let him open it and kept the other gifts we'd gotten him back just to see what he'd do. He was content to have that box. When we did give him our other gifts, he kept going back to that box. It's been one of his favorite things. It's now a house for his stuffed caterpillar, Too Cute. I guess, it's the simple things in life that bring joy.
(Spinosaurus is X's favorite dinosaur...currently) I had lots of fun cutting out the fossil bones in fondant. I got a little carried away. He was bigger and scarier on the cutting board, but had to get squashed to fit on the cake.
Making a BIG wish with a huff of air.
AHHHH! The velociraptor is after the birthday boy!
This paleontologist is going craazzzzy digging for bones!
He got a game like "Operation" except with dino bones. Every time he slips and touches the edges the dino roars! It takes a steady hand and nerves of steel. A. loves to try her hand at it. She's very good at it.
A few of the birthday gifts. Can you tell a theme here? Maybe this guy likes dinosaurs--a little?! He's headed off tomorrow to cash a b-day check and spend a b-day gift card. He's got plans for the money already!
When Grandma N. asked what he got from Mom and Dad, he said "A box." See it there in the background? We really did give him a box. A couple of weeks ago when I received my bread maker, he and L. kept eyeing the big box it was shipped in. He told us that maybe for his birthday we would give him that box. Every time after when he noted something he wanted for his b-day, we just shook our head and said we already had what he wanted--a box. He'd shake his head and giggle, "Noooooo!" Well, I wrapped that big box up. When he saw the big wrapped present he smiled. "It's that box!!" He hefted it. "It's even empty!" He was soooo excited about that. We let him open it and kept the other gifts we'd gotten him back just to see what he'd do. He was content to have that box. When we did give him our other gifts, he kept going back to that box. It's been one of his favorite things. It's now a house for his stuffed caterpillar, Too Cute. I guess, it's the simple things in life that bring joy.

5 comments:
Love, love, love it. All of it. The cake by the way is out of this world so cool and "the box"... what a treasure! What a fun birthday and I would say he loves dinosaurs. Happy B-day X-man!!!
Everything seemed to have turned out so perfectly! I love, love, love the cake, my talented friend! :) I am so impressed!
And, the story about the box is super cute. I am so glad you documented that one. X is such an easy-going kid. I just love that story.
I miss you.
Happy 7th X-man!
Happy B'day to cute X-man.
The cake is just great. You are soooooo talented. What an awesome job!
I love the cake!! Such cool parents to give your child an empty box!! Happy B-day!!
Post a Comment