Saturday, March 6, 2010

L's 1st Soccer Game


L. had his first soccer game today.  We signed him up to give him a chance to learn a sport and have fun. We also knew it would be great family entertainment, and we were right.  L's team is called Nitro. They have 6 members and play three at a time. The main objective at this age is kicking the ball towards the right goal.  Half-time threw them for a loop when they had to switch sides, but after parents jumped up and down and pointed the other way, they figured it out.


L. had a terrific time. He was a very polite player, not rushing in to "steal" the ball even if it was the other team with the ball. Towards the end of the game he kicked that ball right down the field and ran after it, kicking it some more. He almost made a point!  His team won 7-2.  (One of those points was scored by a little gal from the opposing team. She was so excited she scored that she jumped and twirled in circles. Who cares if the other team got the point; she SCORED. Very cute!)


L's favorite part was giving high fives to the opposing team after the game.  They also did a huddle and team cheer: Gooooooo Niitrrooo!

4 comments:

I have a good life said...

That is awesome! :) You captured it well with your photos, too! Awesome. :)

BTW I am glad your pizza turned out yummy! :)

Meg said...

That's great! L is already a super soccer player!

Colleen said...

how cute!! I couched under 6 soccer when I was a sophomore in high school and it was so fun! It is very entertaining for parents, I know!

Tina said...

He looks so cute in his uniform. It is making me excited about Cloey's first game on the 20th. I'm sure Cloey would LOVE to see L play so let us know when his next game is. She sure talks about him tons. You should come over this week!!