Monday, August 30, 2010

Have Miracles Ceased?

Our family has experienced a miracle.

As many of you know, B. just had major oral surgery, getting 13 teeth pulled and other fun procedures done on her existing teeth.  Since it was tooth pulling, medical insurance wouldn't pay a dime towards the oral surgeon. Since, it was a LARGE tooth pulling procedure, it was costing a bunch of dimes.  A few months back I found an organization that helps children financially when insurance won't.  I applied for a grant to see about all those dimes. We obtained the grant!!

When we scheduled the surgery I was so nervous, because we hadn't heard about the grant and wouldn't until after the surgery. I FELT I needed to go ahead though, and get it scheduled before school started. We did. When we got the grant approval we had a very limited time frame to use the funds. If I hadn't scheduled the surgery at the time I did, we would NOT have been able to use those funds.

I know that we are gently guided by a Father in Heaven who loves us.  I am so thankful for all the events that led to finding this organization and to getting B. taken care of in the right way.  NO, miracles have not ceased. They happen every day.




The organization is UnitedHealthcare Children's Foundation. They help with hearing aids, equipment, surgery, therapy, etc. for children who have insurance, but for one reason or another insurance will not pay or will only pay a portion of the bill. They normally don't  consider dental, but did consider it due to our special circumstances.  

5 comments:

nikko said...

Wonderful! I am so happy for you!

Lana said...

that is awesome! I am so glad B got the surgery she needed.

Natalie said...

That is just great. I'm glad B got her surgery and you got help with the bills. :)

Meg said...

I'm so glad!!

Tina said...

Oh my goodness!!! That is amazing!!! I'm so happy for your family and all the miracles you are experiencing.
I've never heard of that organization. Our insurance doesn't cover anything with Jacob's condition so maybe I should give them a call... thanks for the info!!! How wonderful!!