Today I woke up grumpy (on a Friday too!). I just saw the negatives: the dirty dishes, the unmade bed, the school lunches to be made, the money to be sent to school for yet another activity. Grumbling and mumbling was met by all who crossed my path. But now I feel much better! So what changed my perspective and mood? I've reflected on this and this is what I came up with:
1.) I let off some steam in an email to my sister. Writing things out helps me so much--it's usually my journal or my sister. Lucky gal!
2.) I prayed for help with my mood and my weaknesses. I said sorry, turned it over, and felt peace.
3.) I read my scriptures. I'm reading the four Gospels right now and loving it so much. I can feel my testimony of Jesus Christ strengthening. It's amazing how this is a balm to my soul.
4.) I went outside to enjoy a crisp, fresh morning full of God's creation. I also did some physical labor (not really hard labor mind you, just trimming my bushes).
5.) I laughed with L as he learned to pedal his tricycle, forward and backward, forward and backward.
6.) I spent time making foam jack-o-lanterns with L.
And that case of the grumps disappeared.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are such an inspiration to me! Thank-you. You know how I make my grumps disappear? I call you and vent! It always works. :)
I needed that advice this morning. The day has gotten better, but not great.
Glad you figured it out!
Post a Comment