Now that the weather is cooling down my flowers are starting to really thrive. I only planted them in March and it's now October, but hey, it just takes them time. Isn't that the way it is with life? Sometimes amidst our best efforts, things don't seem to be happening, then kaboom. Full blossoms!
I am also trying to take advantage of our two growing seasons here. I've been trying my hand at this gardening thing for some time now with only a few zucchini, a handful of carrots, wormy lettuce, some bright red strawberries, and one potato to show for it, but I'm determined to get the hang of this gardening thing! It's a good thing my family doesn't depend on my gardening skills for food, or we would STARVE! I tried taking the picture so the nice little potato plant would show and not the lovely weeds, the straggling spinach, and the sporadic carrots. Notice the size of this potato plant! Of course, I took the picture way down low, so the plant would seem like Jack's bean stalk.
The sniffles and coughs have been going around our house. It's L's turn now. This photo was taken before he was sick, but this is what he has been doing since he's been sick, so I stuck it in.
2 comments:
pretty flowers and go gardening
Your mighty potato plant is inspiring!
Post a Comment