Thursday, October 30, 2008

Orange, orange pumpkins


L had his buddies over today. I thought I'd be brave and bring out the paints. They got on over-sized t-shirts, I covered my table in paper, we squirted paint and went for it. We found that red and yellow paint make orange and blue and yellow paint make green--just the right colors for our pumpkins. I got messier than them all, but I think we all had fun. The pumpkins turned out cute too.


Tonight we had our traditional pumpkin carving night. Everyone dug in and got their hands goopy. This is B's favorite part of the pumpkin...other than pumpkin pie.

T, L, and A worked on the "baby" pumpkin. L insisted on the pumpkin having a happy, smiley face.

X, B, and I worked on the big one. X had worked all afternoon on the "plan" for Spooky the Pumpkin. We ended up doing two faces on this big pumpkin, Spooky and A's fang-bearing, scar-wearing, BEWARE pumpkin!



And the finished pumpkins...Such a sweet, calm, little bunch.


But wait!?!

Had YOU fooled! They went a bit mad--Halloween MAD! HAHAHAHA!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

What a fun time. You have a great family.
Love n' hugs.

I have a good life said...

What cute pumpkins! I love their scary faces! Yikes! You are living in a scary house, Jay!